How to Fix FaceTime Not Available Error?: FaceTime is Apple’s app for making free, high-quality video phone calls. You can use WiFi internet connection or cellular connection to make video or audio calls in facetime app. FaceTime is easiest and cheapest way to connect with friends and family. The FaceTime is not available in all countries like Egypt, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Tunisia, Qatar, and the United Arab Emirates. When you use any apps, you may get some errors. Like that most of the people get FaceTime Working Error. So, check remedies for this.
How to Fix FaceTime Not Available Error?
In the same way, Facetime got some errors if you do not use it correctly. So here we discuss How to Fix FaceTime Not Available Error?/ FaceTime Not Working. People can check most of the reasons to get FaceTime Not Working Error. And also solutions to How to Fix FaceTime Not Available Error?.
Reasons and Solution To Get FaceTime Not Working Error
#1. Check Your Wi-Fi and Mobile Connection
When you get FaceTime Not Available Error, firstly, check your WIFI or mobile data working correctly or not. Because FaceTime app requires the high-speed internet connection to make the video calls.
- If You Use WIFI: Go to Settings > Wi-Fi on an iOS device and System Preferences > Network on Mac OS X. Here check that the settings correspond to those on your local router.
- If You Use Mobile Data: Go to the Settings> Mobile data. Check whether mobile data is in on or off.
#2. Update Your Software
You have to keep updating your app. check whether you have the latest version of facetime or not. If not go to the settings and update your software.
#3. Check that FaceTime Switched On or Not
You much switch on the facetime app if you want to make audio or video calls. So, check whether your account is in on or not.
#4. Check Your Signed in to FaceTime with Right Apple ID or Not
Firstly, we need to check that all your facetime accounts are signed with valid apple id or not.
- iOS Devices: Go to the Settings on your phone and then click FaceTime and check the given Apple ID.
- MAC Devices: Directly go to FaceTime on your phone and then click on Preferences and check the given Apple ID
- Other Devices: Click on signout button and then re-sign into the account with correct apple id.
#5. Check FaceTime is Stuck on ‘Waiting for Activation’?
When you sign in to your facetime app, and it shows ‘Waiting for Activation’ do the following steps on your device.
- iOS Devices: Go to Settings > FaceTime and set FaceTime to Off. Then turn FaceTime back to On.
- MAC Devices: Click on FaceTime app and go to preferences. Now fix FaceTime to Off and then back to On.
#6. Check Device Time and Date Correct or Not
Firstly, check your facetime account date and time is updated or not. If your date is incorrect. Go to the settings, general, data and time than enter the correct date and time.
#7. Check Given Mobile Number is Correct or Not
check whether your given phone number to the face time account is correct or not. If not click on edit and then enter the new number then tap on done.
#8. Check Your Blocked list
Firstly, check by mistakenly you blocked that contact. Go to Settings > FaceTime > Blocked. Then check is that contact is on a blocked list or not. If yes, click on edit and then remove button to the contact to unblock.
#9. Restart FaceTime Devices
Finally, restart all your devices in which you want facetime account. Give along press to the Sleep button on an iOS device. Again give a long press to the Wake button to restart your phone.